Saturday, August 7, 2010

7 days in the 212.

I have been non-stop traveling this summer and most of the time internet-less. My apologies for lack of blogging...Here's a few outfits I wore while visiting a friend in Manhattan for a week. I forgot to take photos a few of the days I was there but five will suffice. Might I add that every day in NY was a scorcher?? Nonetheless, I had a fantastic time and loved experimenting with some new clothes I've been waiting to wear.


Had some fun at the Yankees game in this silk romper, had frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity, and walked Louie along the Hudson taking advantage of the night light views...

Bought these high waisted shorts at H&M for only $15 bucks at the 59th and Lex location! Such a bargain, enjoyed a delicious lunch in Little Italy, and visited a friend interning at Milly...got to meet and chat with Michelle Smith (the designer)...unreal. Spent our last night enjoying Southern Hospitality's famous trivia night.


Love the retro bustier cut of this floral dress...Had brunch at Cilantro with the girls, went to see In the Heights, shopped in the West Village, and had dessert with a friend's family at Feraras


Bought this vintage top a while ago and saved it for NY. Went to the Met to see the American Woman exhibit...very inspiring. Of course stopped by to see some Van Gogh and Degas while we were there. Strolled down fifth and had Louboutin heart attacks in the shoe department at Bergdorf.


Stole this crochet number from my 8 year old niece for my trip! Saw an amazing show called Fuerza Bruta after waiting 2 hours in the new york heat for tickets...so worth it though. Had drinks at Gusto Organics in Union Square. Ate at La Halles and had some delicious French Cuisine...And later ended up on the Upper West Side at a Columbia University Co-op...very interesting night.

I love New York not only for the fashion element but also because it's a place that makes you think about something greater than yourself.

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment