Tuesday, February 9, 2010

[Back] Cover Girl.



InStyle Magazine is my 'happy pill'. Whenever I've had a rough day, nothing makes me feel more at peace than flipping through a great magazine. This may sound shallow to you, but aren't we all allowed to have our quirks? As I was flipping through the new February 2010 issue and came to the Bottega Veneta back cover, I had to stop and study it (which isn't too unusual for me). This ad is the epitome of what I like to call "serene chic". Not only does the model look fantastic just sitting in a chair by the window, but she seems at complete peace with the world. The grainy texture and lighting adds an element of organic simplicity that makes me think, "I'll have what she's having!" I almost....emphasis on almost...don't notice the amazing dress, bag, and wedge that the company is actually trying to sell. Fashion serves many purposes for those who have learned to appreciate it. For me, it sometimes is a chance to slow down and escape, even if only for a few minutes.

K.

2 comments: